Michael is a qualified accountant and holder of a Bachelor of Business degree from the University of Southern Queensland. He is a Certified Financial Planner® professional and a Certified Practising Accountant (CPA – Specialist in Professional Financial Planning).
In the early years of his professional career he gained a wealth of experience in public accounting, being a partner for nine years. The satisfaction gained from this led to a desire to specialise in personal financial planning on a full-time basis, which resulted in Michael joining this practice in 1987 when it was Pembroke Financial Planners.
He is a partner in the Toowoomba Practice, has been a Director of a previous dealership company under which the practice has operated and is a founding Director of Byron Capital Pty Ltd.
Michael has attended three Berkshire Hathaway Annual General Meetings in Omaha since 2000 to listen to the legendary investors Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger. During these trips, he has visited other leading financial institutions and attended conferences in the United States to keep up to date with what is happening in overseas markets.
With nearly 30 years’ experience in this industry, he is regarded as one of the more experienced advisers in the industry. He specialises in providing comprehensive strategic planning and portfolio management advice to successful wealth accumulators and retirees.
His Academic and Professional Qualifications are:
- Bachelor of Business (B Bus) (University of Southern Queensland);
- Certified Financial Planner® professional;
- Associate and Certified Practising Accountant – Fellow of the Australian Society of Certified Practising Accountants (CPA – Specialist in Professional Financial Planning);
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (FAICD);
- Authorised Representative No. 253544.